"And, if it bothers you when they do, I don't think it means you don't have a life, just means you care about your hard work and the money you spent Just my thoughts on the subject....."
Thank you for saying that Bill. I find it really offensive when people with vehicles that are daily drivers or beaters say that those of us who have nicely restored or rodded vehicles need to "Get a life". Other than buying a spray gun and painting supplies, my investment is in time, a huge amount of it, not money. Nevertheless if displaying my restored '36 Chevy pickup means having strangers put their hands and other stuff all over it I simply won't display it.
I've owned my pickup since 1965 and find much more pleasure in driving it than parking it at a show anyway. In fact, it's been driven from Southern California to the 1976 VCCA National Meet in Colorado Springs and even to the top of Pike's Peak, 14,110 feet above sea level. That was very cool, literally. Fresh snow in July!