I want to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing in my '41 3/4 ton while I have the engine out. The truck has the original 216 engine and 4 speed tranny. I looked up the part number for a 3/4 ton clutch kit on the NAPA website, which was MU5469-1A. Went to the local store and they had one in stock. Brought it home and compared to my original and they are different. The diameter of the new disc is 10 1/8 while my old disc is about 10 3/4. The diameter of the new pressure plate is smaller and the holes don't line up with the original. I'll take it back to the store and see if they have one like the original. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and what did you do?


My toys:
'41 Chevy Model AL 3/4 Ton
'40 Chevy Model KD 3/4 Ton
Hinomoto 209N Tractor/Backhoe
Norwood LM2000 Sawmill
PJ 16' Trailer
and a Brand New Shop!
Be what you is, not what you ain't, 'cause when you is what you ain't, then you ain't what you is.