Enough story time; this thread is worthless without pictures!

Parts where dissambled and sandblasted. When sandblasting the Hydraulic Brake Cylinder, be sure to plug the holes for the fittings with screws and jam a shop rag in to the big open end. The interior of that cylinder is honed out and blast media will ruin it...

Sandblasted Hydraulic Brake Cylinder
Poor Man's exploded diagram of the cylinder

I took the advice of the existing tech tip and washed all the components with warm water/soap and then alcohol to get rid of the brake fluid. I use POR-15 for all of my truck parts, which won't stick if there's any oil residue on the part. I also use Q-tips for the hard to reach places.

If you're using POR-15, don't worry about that fine layer of rust that instantly appears on all that metal you just ran under warm water. The Metal Ready prep is a zinc phosphate/phosphoric acid compound that puts works even better on rust than clean metal. I did make sure that honed surface inside the cylinder was extra dry and clean, however.

Components prepped and waiting on POR-15
Components drying after first coat

All the exterior surfaces and the interior of the power control valve (big bulb) get a least 2 coats of POR-15. Since POR-15 is pretty much impervious to most chemicals, I'm not too worried about it breaking down inside the power control cylinder. The exterior surfaces also get a top-coating of POR-15 Chassis Black for durability.

The rebuild kit should arrive in several days and I'll post pictures of the reassembly.