My '64 GMC longbed stepside must have had a leaky battery sitting in it at some point. There was likely some sort of hose explosion too from the surface rust on some of the other parts as well.

I got the battery tray removed, and of course one bolt was seized and had to be reminded who was boss. smile There were a couple of nasty pieces of wood under the battery, and the bottom of the tray was nearly eaten all the way through.

I could just buy a new one, but what fun would that be? So I tried my hand at electrolysis rust removal. I used a motorcycle battery charger, and next time I'll put the battery in between the charger and the electrolysis rig for safety.

Anyway here are the pics. As I complete the tray I'll post updates.

http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/batterybox/


There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master.