Some. But not on an AD truck. I swapped in a 427 in place of a 327 in my Corvette. I know enough to know that the same mounts for a small block are used for the big block, and the bellhousing mounts the same. The big block is heftier though. Unless you use an automatic in your truck and move it forward, you'd have pretty significant firewall clearance issues. And you'll definitely have to do something else about your steering.

You could probably do headers if you extend them out into the wheel well, over the frame rails. And I would look for something a little better than a Mustang II front end. Simply because Mustang IIs never had BBC engines in them. The big block is going to weigh around 150 pounds more than a small block, so don't use small block springs.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird