| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,124 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 | I ordered a HCV for "55 - 57, will also fit 58 - 50." Yeah, it FIT, but the nipples weren't like my original. It leaked before the year was out. The way I recommend dealing with your problem is to return it for a refund.
I don't remember having a problem between the valve and the core. I was able to get that little hose (IIRC) from an aftermarket supplier.
But to answer your question regarding how I compensated for the difference, I jerry-rigged it by getting an adapter and a couple of hose clamps for each side of the HCV. I don't exactly remember the sizes involved, but (for example) I attached a 5/8 hose at the HCV and ran it out the firewall, then clamped on a 5/8-to-3/4 adapter, then ran the 3/4 hose to the water pump.
It looked like crap but was functional...until it leaked in the cab. Then I cut the hoses at the firewall and put in a loop at the water pump. I'll replace the HCV with my original one after rebuilding it.
Good luck!
Bill | | |
| |
| |