Howdy all, I've been reading this board for quite a while, but I think I might finally have something worth making a post on.

Right now I am looking at getting a 66 gmc 3/4 ton pickup. I'm not new to old trucks, but I am new to GMC and Chevy, my current rig is an old and very wore out Ford. I love that old Ford, but it has a bad case of "old and tired." So I think for now I'm better off getting another rig that isn't as wore out, and keeping the Ford for a future project.

Overall the truck I'm looking at is in decent shape, some rust, but not too bad, and it will run if we get gas to the carb. There are a few things that concern me though, the first being front drum brakes. Is there any way to easily switch over to a front disk rear drum set up?

Recently I just bought some brand new tires for my ford, they're on 16" 8 lug rims (8x6.5 bolt pattern I think, the tires are LT285/75/R16) Would these rims and tires fit on a 66' GMC 3/4ton? The front tires on it are original, I think it's time for them to go! Not many tires available for 17.5" rims anymore either, 16.5" are bad enough!

I appreciate any advice or input you may have, I'd like to learn all I can about these old rigs.

Sam