There is much increased interest in the use of Stromberg carburetors. While these are some of the best carburetors one can use on a stovebolt, I have never really recommended their use as they were quite a bit more expensive than the more common Carter YF's.

We still suggest the YF, unless you are "blessed" with ethanol in your area. If so, the Stromberg is much more trouble-free as the Stromberg uses a conventional accelerator pump rather than a diaphragm pump. Diaphragm pumps, on vehicles which both use ethanol and are driven infrequently, may give problems.

I took the original Stromberg internal documents, and have listed on this link all carburetors that Stromberg made specifically for Chevrolet:
Stromberg carburetors for Chevrolet

I am "computer challanged" when attempting to place a table on this website. If one of you computer whizzes would place this table on this site, I could then remove it from my site.

Also, G.M.C. applications may be found at:

G.M.C. carburetor applications

The G.M.C. listing will remain on my site, and this URL will be good, no need to copy this one.

To identify Stromberg carburetors:
Stromberg carburetor identification

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop