Great story!!
In the last 25 years I have been pulled over only twice. Once in the city and the cop just wanted to check out what I was driving, did not ask for a drivers license or nothing, talked to him for least an half hour about Jeeps.
Second time, the state cops had a road block set up on a side road and just wanted to see my insurance papers, they let me go faster than if I was sitting at a trafic light. Both vehicles had historic plates and nothing was said.
Knock on wood, I have always got along with cops and have had only a couple of tickets in my life. Even the two times I had to spend the night with them,(was not driving and probably deserved it) they were respectful and treated me well under the circumstances.
Those stories we'll save for around the pool at the KC reunion.

2-Ton


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!