I pulled a rusted out gas tank from my 1952 Chevy 3100. I found a used gas tank from an auction few years back that looks like it would fit my truck. However, after pulling the original tank out and comparing I noticed the replacement tank has the fuel line coming out the top of the tank and the original tank has the fuel line exiting out the bottom. I'm not sure if the 216 fuel pump is powerful enough to pull fuel up out of the top if I use it. I also think the meter assembly on the donor tank might be for a 12 volt system and not a 6 volt system. Would the donor tank and meter assembly work? I’m hoping it will save me the cost of buying a new tank. Thank you for your help once again! smile

-Gas tanks- Top (original) Bottom (Used out of another truck)
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1344.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1360.jpg[/IMG]

-Used gas tank Meter-
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1346.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1345.jpg[/IMG]

-Original Gas tank Meter/ fuel line-
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1350.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1355.jpg[/IMG]

*1947-1954 Truck Factory Assembly Manuel*
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/picture_wch/IMG_1395.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Grnchev52; 01/02/2011 10:25 PM.