Originally Posted by k10
What is the issue with original style mirrors? Let's get to the problem first, then maybe we can help with a solution.

The main problem, for me, is poor quality ... especially the swivel point which turns into a rust bucket in no time. The arm is chrome and can be maintained ... the mirror housing is stainless, which is great! But then they ruin the whole thing by making the swivel joint out of garbage.

My truck isn't original ... it's a street rod. Also, it's just back from a total restoration on the body and, before I go drilling holes in the body for mirrors, I want to be sure about what I'm doing; I'm open to the idea of putting mirrors on it that will look cool and won't be of such poor quality as we always see on all these reproduction parts.

I'm gonna look into some mirrors from Harley Davidson. Now there's a company that knows how to put quality into their products!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane