I recently posted a topic on antique tune-up tools and the hand throttle is mentioned for adjustments at speed since these old trucks had no tachometer.
that really doesn't make any sense
ron
It also helps to take off from a stop going uphill so you can hold the brake and work the clutch and gas at the same time.
one can alleviate that problem by getting an a/t or learning how to drive with a std trans
ron
Ron must be having a bad day.
Tomorrow he will probably have a better day
and not be so negative and judgemental.
let's take a look at the first quote
if he had said, "I recently posted a topic on antique tune-up tools and the hand throttle is mentioned for adjustments at speed", I would not have said anything. what does "since these trucks had no tachometer" really have to do with the other part of the sentence.
second quote. now if you can't drive up a hill from a stop and cannot manipulate the clutch,brake and gas with your feet then one shouldn't be driving unless it is designated for handicap
I remember when I took my drivers test, that was one of the requirements to getting your license. now everyone more than likely takes their test in an a/t and eliminates that problem part of coordination. such a permissive society. we do wonder sometimes how people get their licenses
cheers
ron