Removed my intake/exhaust manifold off my 55 235 and noticed the balance weight,not sure if it's called that, was getting stuck on the manifold as I turned it to see if it was working properly. Upon futher inspection, I noticed the shaft was slightly bent and was the cause of it hitting and jarring against manifold. My first thought was to get my grinder and hit the manifold to make room for the offset. Came to my senses and 86'd that idea. I'm leary of trying to bend it back for fear of snapping it off due to time and rust. Does someone have a step by step on how to remove and fix Heat Riser Shaft? Searched forum and couldn't find anything concrete on procedure. I am aware that Chevs of the 40s sells an oversize shaft, but should I cut the old shaft off, and is the "butterfly" welded on the shaft?? Thanks...
Kato