Crenwelge,
Thanks for the advice. I have indeed rebuilt or replaced everything except the hydrovac and a few of the steel lines on the truck. Your experience with these trucks is valuable. I don't really have a prefrence which system I end up using, but I was under the impression that a dual chamber system would be the safer way to go, so that a loss of pressure on one end won't lead to a complete brake failure. It's not that I don't trust the hydrovac either as we have 4 other trucks here on the farm set up that way, the newest being a '78 c-70. I just thought that if I had to replace/rebuild the hydrovac now, for a little more money and effort an upgrade might be worth it. But like you say a cobbled together system could be a lot more dangerous than a properly maintained stock system. Decisions, decisions...