| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,422 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#69790 12/18/2006 7:46 AM | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 | Zacca,
I have a 1953 3/4 ton and just finished with the brakes. As I understand and if you have a shop manual to consult, the rear shoe is supposed to be larger than the front shoe. This would be the case on both axles. I think it has something to do with the amount of force being applied by the brake mechanism and how it applies that force. The shop manual makes note of this and I am glad that I had it b/c I wasn't paying attention that closely when I dissassembled my brakes. Good luck
Whad you do?!?
Shane 1953 Chevrolet 3600
| | |
| |
| |