| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,182 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 235 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 235 | Ok, I'm going to show my ignorance as well, but no one has brought this up so I thought I would. When I was taking my 216 apart (and not caring what happened to it since I'm putting in a 235), I didn't know there were a bunch of spongy little rings (gaskets?) under that side plate beneath where it would go around the spark plug openings (see, I don't even know what they are called - thus the ignorance). I don't know if you replace those or if they come with the gasket, but I didn't know they were there and I lost one. I just didn't want you to make the same mistake (that's one of the purposes of this forum right?). Take care - that's a nice looking motor.
'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| MLT | 11/12/2010 12:00 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| squeeze | 11/12/2010 12:28 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| Wrenchbender Ret. | 11/12/2010 12:28 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| MLT | 11/12/2010 12:39 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| truckernix | 11/12/2010 2:13 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| p.j. | 11/12/2010 2:36 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| MLT | 11/12/2010 3:44 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| p.j. | 11/12/2010 4:16 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| MLT | 11/12/2010 5:17 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| p.j. | 11/12/2010 6:39 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| Paul's53chevy | 11/12/2010 10:15 PM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| p.j. | 11/12/2010 11:32 PM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| MLT | 11/13/2010 5:11 AM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| don stocker | 11/13/2010 2:56 PM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| p.j. | 11/13/2010 3:04 PM |
Re: Oil Leak, Pushrod Cover?
| MLT | 11/13/2010 5:29 PM | |
| |
| |