So far as I know if you have a sample of ANY color it can be matched with the color scanner. It scans the sample and gins up a formula for that paint in a particular brand of paint. Usually the top brand handled by the jobber.
I would recommend getting acrylic enamel in most all cases (except for the 100% gotta have traditional paint guys) because it's so easy to use; you can add hardener to it, and it's great paint.
Spray cans; I have mixed feelings about them. In the USAF we called them "Spray Bombs", they don't put out much paint, getting decent film build is a real pain in the neck.
Remember paint life is directly related to how thick (milage) the paint is.
Most car painters might put down 3 or 4 mils with a spray gun in 2 to 4 coats maybe more, spray cans; well that would take the whole can and besides spray can painting is really expensive per mil/sq. foot.

Last edited by Doug9656; 11/08/2010 8:36 PM.

1999 GMC Yukon
1957 GMC 100 Panel