| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, 1955 1 Series, BC59, 3800GUY, RaNfLaS, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, wilbur53, FAST55),
156
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 19 | Good Morning Guys, About the time I think I'm ready to ride (53 3100 with 54 235 car eng.) something else comes up....(gotta love it) I was going to adjust the valves last weekend. When I pulled the valve cover the first thing I noticed was the supply tube that delivers oil to the rocker shaft was broken, (but only in three pieces Ha-Ha) & no oil being delivered to the head. lot of slop in the rocker arms. I have seen two different oil filters 1 is full flow & 1 is by pass. The one I have installed in the canister I believe is the full flow. Could this have any thing to do with not getting any oil to the head? I don't know what to do next. Are parts avalable to rebuild this head? Rocker shaft/arms etc.
Thanks,Melvin
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is
| | |
| |
| |