| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,817 | I'm planning a similar swap with an early-80's 3/4 ton crossmember and IFS system into my 59 Burb. I'll have to adapt a steering box to the 59 frame ahead of the crossmember and narrow things a little if i do it that way, so doing a a frame clip might be a better choice. I think the track width is a little too much unless a slice is taken out of the crossmember. That will mess up motor mount spacing, unless the center of the X-member is left "as is" and a small slice is removed from both sides outboard of the mounts. "Measure twice- - -cut once" is the operative method here! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|