| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Samantha, Forty9, texas46, Rustnut, IHPWR, Bill Hanlon, DadsFirstPickup, 32Fordpuchoptop, 1 invisible),
140
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,236 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 186 | Can someone help me out Im trying to figure some stuff out...
I am building a custom truck so specific year of bed doesnt really matter. What I am trying to understand is the different sizes and "shapes" of the beds...
My truck is a 36, and I am looking to find a bed similar in this style with the angled upper bed sides, am I correct in my understanding that these angled sides were on beds from the mid 30's till 54? and after that they went to the flat top bed sides till the 70's? These flat top beds were also deeper?
I have come across a bed from what I am told is a 51, price seems fair, needs some work but the upper rolled edges and pockets look to be nice and straight. Problem is no tailgate. How difficult is it going to be to find one. I really like the GMC script logo, and would love to find one of those. What year gates will fit on a bed from a 51 chevy?
Any help/suggestions you guys can provide would be appreciated. | | |
| |
| |