Well first let me say hello, been lurking around the forums for quite a while, just registered and thought that I should introduce myself! Been an old Chevy guy for quite a while, FIrst truck is a '56 1/2t big window that's been with me for close to 20 years now. Came from factory with a 265 and a 3w/overdrive. Pulled all that out and put a 350...4spd 4spd 4spd..........finally stuck a t400 in it and thats what it sits with now.
So my newest toy is a 51, 1.5t as far as I can tell. Looks to have been made in the Baltimore plant. From what I can tell is all stock. The truck was found in Congress AZ, desert town about an hour north of Phoenix. I yanked him up onto a flat bed and towed it home last week. and have been pulling factory and after market wiring out of it trying to get down to something I can work with. It has a 235 from what I can tell, I've not been able to get under the hood to scratch off numbers on the motor yet (rain...yes in AZ rain) I'll get to that ASAP. The tires hold air, it was easy as hell to get home. I work next door to Bitchin Products (make all sorts of old sheetmetal parts) This should be lots of fun!!! Just getting ready to order an EZwiring harness and a set of gauges and try and fire up the motor. We'll see where things go and now....lets see if we can toss up a picture or two...
http://www.h-townmadness.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=43&pictureid=392http://www.h-townmadness.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=43&pictureid=390http://www.h-townmadness.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=43&pictureid=391