I think you need to re-read my post Yar, I think you may have missed my point altogether.
As I said, "About the only additive that I would consider using is one containing ZDDP (zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate) and even then it might not be needed." Might not be needed because it is still in some oils. Any flat tappet cam or sliding surface would benefit from the higher levels of ZDDP, even the old mutts that we drive. If you believe that the only engines that can benefit from synthetics are high revving racing engines, then that's your prerogative. But it just stands to reason that a lubricant that will reduce heat, friction and wear in a racing engine or a new car engine will also benefit an older engine.
Here is what a few of the “experts” have to about that subject:
Mobil: 1)
https://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Synthetics/Myths.aspx 2)
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English...il_for_Vehicles_Mechanical_Pushrods.aspx Amsoil:
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/amo.aspx?zo=356673 Pennzoil:
http://www.pennzoil.com/#/about-motor-oil/ Valvoline:
http://www.valvoline.com/car-care/motor-oil-myths/ And there are hundreds more like this if one really cares to search them out.
We all have our own belief’s based on our own experience, so do some reading and make up your own mind.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL