BIG hurdle there Woody, congrats. It sure looks good from where I’m standing and I like the color. You must have picked up something from those paint guys when you put your time in at motor city. Surprised an old fart like you remembers that far back, (tee hee).
Boy am I jealous of you, I’ve had my bare sheet metal front clip hanging from the rafters now for a year. That hurdle for me is just too tall right now, too much junk in the way to get any room to paint.
We’ve talked before about the masking problem for the interiors. Never have been able to find out how they did it at the factory. In fact I’ve had many discussions as to whether they painted the interior first or the outside. Logic dictates that inside would have to have been done first as you’ve done. I like your idea for masking the large openings. I’ve always felt that they would have used some sort of plug or bung at the factory to speed up the masking process.
Just noticed your post about the Starter Line DeVilbiss set. I bought one similar to that a couple of years ago but my deal came with the touch-up gun also, think it was just under $200 at the time. I looked at the Finish Line guns but just couldn’t justify that kind of money for a few paint jobs. Heck at my age I might not even get to use the Starter Line guns before the sand runs out of the glass!
Again, great looking job, you’ve come a long way in the last four years buddy.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Oh, and Nason is a DuPont paint line. Comperable to the Omni line in PPG.

Last edited by Denny Graham; 10/14/2010 6:17 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL