I'm a firm believer in Kroil. It's by far the best penetrating oil I've used in the 50+ years I've been twisting wrenches, and short of pulling the head and getting a valve job done, it's the only way I'd try to free up a sticky valve.
www.kanolabs.comI buy it in the 1-gallon can- - - - -that's about a 2-year supply for me, but I use a lot of it in my gunsmithing business as well as around the auto shop.
Pull the valve cover and squirt a healthy dose of Kroil onto the valve stem from the top side, let it soak awhile, then fire up the engine ane dribble enough of it into the intake at a fast idle to get heavy smoke from the exhaust. Shut the engine down and let it sit overnight. When you restart it, goose the throttle a few times, and run it at a fast idle until the smoke clears. It won't hurt to put a little Kroil into the crankcase for your trip home. 6 or 8 ounces should be plenty. It will give the whole lubricating system a good cleanup on the way. Good stuff!
Jerry