Freds,

Welcome to the Stovebolt forum. Great explanation of your dilemma. I am not an expert, but have a few thoughts.

A malfunctioning PCV setup can allow raw oil vapor to enter the intake manifold. Installing a new valve would be a simple step.

I am wondering if your exhaust system is soaked with oil from your previous problems. I have seen a small amount of oil make a rig smoke for hours.

If your compression is as great as it appears, and your PCV system is working properly, I think I would take a long trip down the road and see if the exhaust would eventually burn itself clean.

My bet is all the valve have quad ring seals, you might not see them. The exhaust guide isn't as critical in regards to oil consumption as a intake.

Take a trip, get the system hot and see what happens. Good luck.

Stuart