Originally Posted by Rolling dices
Every mobile place that I called freak out when they hear that is a two piece windshield and that it has a chrome molding to go around it.

Rolling dices,old cars and trucks with 'chromes' strikes fear into most glass shops these days.
The problem is most glass fitters now have little or no experience with this stuff.
They're too busy sticking windows in with plastic trims and urethane adhesive!

The main problem is that chromes can get twisted and bent during removal,this can cause no end of trouble during installation.
I had a nightmare with one of these the other week.
The owner had 'removed' the trims and bent them like pretzels!
I spent nearly 4 hours just trying to get the trims into some kind of shape,and even then they didn't look too great after.

I would have though Ca. would be the place to find a good glass shop that can deal with this.
As I've said on other threads,I would love to come and help but there's a 6000 mile problem......
Good luck
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.