| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,418 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#67356 11/02/2006 1:56 AM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 | Nope. And I'm not going to either. At some point I have to draw the line. I am sure the head and block could be magnafluxed, and the block could even be re-sleeved. But at the end of the day, I still have a 235 cubic inch engine making a bit over 100 hp, for the same amount of work and money it would take to rebuild a larger engine.
I found a website that sells rebuilt 292's for about $1200 bucks. GMPP sells brand new 4-bolt 350 engines starting at $1700 bucks. Either engine would make loads more power than a 235 for about the same money it would cost to rebuilt it. I have no problem parking the truck for a couple of months while I build up the cash I need.
52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup 68 Big Block Vette 68 455 Firebird | | |
| |
| |