| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,287 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#67132 10/13/2006 8:56 PM | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 | I'm going to install a T5 in my 46 (216 bellhousing). I want to pull the torque tube and insert a pumpkin from a newer truck. Now I know that a 55-59 will bolt right up and I can use my original axels, keep the orig. brakes etc. But what about newer trucks, say 60-65. Will any of these work? Also I think that the 55-59s came stock with a 3.90 rearend. I would like to get something closer to a 3.73 or higher. I want to save my orig. rear axel and just bolt something up. Any suggestions? Thanks George | | |
| |
| |