Don't know much; but do know that you do not want to move that truck on a UHAUL trailer. I have moved 5-3800 trucks back to Texas from Tennesee, Nebraska,Iowa,South Dakota,etc. I have a 18 foot flatbed trailer with two 7,500 pound axles and surge brake system on it. The 3800 series is long. I pull the truck onto trailer as far as it will go then jack it up and roll the front bumper over the pipe rail around the trailer; to get the wieght forward enough. I have pulled 2 ton trucks on this trailer,several COEs,etc.
Pulling an overloaded trailer across country is a "KILLER" in more ways than one. In 1964 or so I watched a Dallas City Dump Truck Pulling an improperly loaded trailer that flipped and watched the passenger jump from the truck and be cut in half by the dump bed.................I am sure that dump truck was a lot heavier than anything you will be pulling with.
Oregon to Texas is a long haul..............If the truck still has its original rear end it has 5.17 gears; not inducive to a road trip; unless of course you like 45 mph in this 100 degree heat?
All that said do as you may, Jesse Leroy