The saginaw is a side shifting transmission. You will need to use a hurst-like linkage.

The 37 has a different bellhousing than most. It is the same till bout 1946. The problems being the brake and clutch pedals are mounted to the bellhousing, and the bolt pattern to the rear of the bellhousing to transmission is different than the saginaw. This can be overcome by using an adapter plate between the bellhousing and transmission, or by getting a 1947-1953 chevy truck bellhousing that has had the pedal support welded on to it.

All that being said... the saginaw transmission is a good transmission. There maybe better transmissions out there. The installation procedure will be about the same on any standard transmission you put in there.

You may not need the power booster... You actually have a pretty light setup, and I think a manual break system should work fine. Besides it is one less vacuum line to worry about. I don't have experience with the power/ no power brake issue, as I have not converted my 1940 yet.

Good Luck