I have been able to run it briefly, but never for very long. Today I replaced the water pump, put the radiator in(previous owner removed it to replace water pump and never finished then sold the truck to me for $900).
It has the early 235. It runs wells. I plan to pull the head and put in new oil seals, as well as fix the exhaust pipe mount. Plus the engine will get cleaned and painted.

But Anyways today- waterpump, radiator, hoses, and water with flush additive, and some new 15w40 to clean out the sludge. Runs well. Drove it around the yard 4 or 5 times, then parked it for today. Tomorrow for the first time I will get a pic of all 4 of my trucks lined up.

What a great day.




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton