'Evenin:
Allow me to start out with an acknowledgement of appreciation for this site and all those involved, Super!
Though I've been a member for a few months (and learned a bunch) this is my inaugural post (pics and full story posting @ 11). I ran several searches to no avail so here goes...
I just swapped to full gauges out of a '62 60 series firetruck (great donor vehicle for gauges, they look new) to my 235/SM420 equipped '60 Apache 10 short fleet and caused issue(s):
1) The ammeter swings to full Discharge when I signal a turn (and never really centers like it should) Gen/batt/wires/grounds are all known good and worked fine 15 min prior before I swapped. My shop manual does show slight variances in wire color as well as the ammeter gauge wires bypassing ignition unlike the telltale schematic. I believe this is so to do safety systems check @ startup on the telltale but maybe there's a wiring mod associated with this swap?
2) Gets better, the engine will not shut off when the ignition key is turned off. Again, this only happens when I run the full gauge IP, works fine when I replace with the orig telltale IP.
Seemingly unrelated events but I'm betting since I was careful to not monkey with any other variables, they are related and sure hope someone can ring in with an assist.
Much Obliged in Advance!
In the meantime, this an opportunity to go blow some cobwebs out of one of my 4 speed Olds Starfire convertibles, I'll be right back...