| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Old wire deteriorates. Even if you sort out all the problems by the time the covering is 20 years old its just a failure waiting to happen.
Dave is correct, re-wiring is the most trouble-free answer.
In the past I've chosen to buy pieces and construct my own harness. I have the experience and training to make that work for me though its been decades now since I last did it. Most people should buy a commercial harness and follow the directions. Most likely I'll buy instead of build for my next one.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |