| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,324 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 | Once started and I begin to drive, it sounds like the motor is backfiring through the carb. It coughs and bacfires once or twice while I'm giggling with the choke knob. Once the choke is out a bit it usually stops. Once the engine is hot I push the choke all the way back in. Occasionally when I'm pulling up a hill it backfires again until I pull out the choke slightly. Do I need to adjust the distributor or make an adjustment on the carb. I know very little about how a carb works.
Thanks for any suggestions why it's backfiring.
Spot
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod | | |
| |
| |