If the truck has any rust, I would expect rust in the cab corners, and be sure to look around where the cab mounts to the frame. Keep in mind a few things. Short of making some substantial drive train changes expect this truck to cruise in the 45 mph range. These trucks will pull a mountain but will take a while to do it. Also you will be hard pressed to get tires much less than $150 bucks each plus mounting. On the plus side I love my 49 6400. The cool factor is off the charts. I drove it from Tulsa to Oklahoma City down route 66 to pick up a two post truck hoist a few weeks ago. I know that lift had to weigh over a ton. I don't think the rear sat down a quarter inch! If fact the truck drove exactly the same! Loved every mile and thumbs up!