I thought I would jump in and add my 2 cents worth. The Korean War (June25 1950 to July 27 1953) made various shortages of "war materials" chrome is one of the items in short supply.Oh, I have a 52 as well, and have been restoring/researching that year for 4 years. Due to the year of production, and location a 52 could be a mishmash of parts. The way I understand it, due to an overrun of back bumpers in earlier years you probably have a chrome rear bumper. For what ever reason the production run for front bumpers lagged behind, so it USUALLY was painted. As far as bright work, it was limited. That dosen't mean it didn't exist. The difference is, that the parts that had been chromed in the past were polished steel during the war years. Also if a worker found a part left over from 47 to 50 they used it. So while the "official" or "correct" parts for these years may differ from actual production parts. For my 52 I am trying to make it look original, and consistant. It isn't a show truck so an aftermarket part isn't a big deal. My desire is to make it look "right" and fit the period. you made the comment that chrome really made the truck pop. A polished piece of steel is as attractive or more so than chrome. As a sprout of 57 that is what I have found. If I have incorrect info, please some of the better versed guys please chime in.