| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#64385 08/20/2006 9:04 AM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 71 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 71 | Thanks Wrenchbender. The fingers are uneven - maybe 1/8" variation but there are no broken parts. The pressure plate that was fitted previously was worse & I replaced it with this one which visually looked good but I guess had been pulled out years ago for the same reason. The only person I've found with first-hand experience of these military clutches failing, is an old farmer who drove one for years carting cattle. He described similar symptoms - gradual stiffening etc & eventually a finger or two breaking. I probably should give it all to a reconditioner; I don't think the 11.5" pressure plates are available over here new.
Thanks again. | | |
| |
| |