This is my 1945 chevy big bolt. It is titled as a 46 but after many hours of research I have found that it was actually made in sept of 1945. Alot of the stamped parts all say Lockhead Wagner as well as some other parts i tracked down to be Gov Contractors during the War. i found this truck in KS. I am the 2nd owner. The man I bought it off of said he used his GI bill money to help him get started with a farm in KS. This truck hauled wheat and potatoes to the co-op. When I left with it he told me it was the first time it had left the county since he brought it home. It has the orig 235 loadmaster, 4 speed tranny. Original stake bed with the potatoe gate and sack funnel. It was also equiped to dump. Everything works great on it. The lights work,instruments work. had a little rust around the inside of the wiper motor area(took care of that already) basicaly Ive been doing the little stuff to it. I live in Ok on a horse ranch and this truck works every day. i love driving it, love everything about it. My family was excited when i told them i bought a dump truck...a lil less excited when they saw it was almost 70 yrs old. Im going to use it all summer in the hay field and on the ranch. this winter i am going to have it painted back to orig. From what I can find it was Swifts red on the cab and hood, maryland black on the fenders and running boards, and turret gray on the grill and bumber..No chrome on this one at all.
Thanks for your time i will keep you posted

Anthony superdave598

Last edited by J Lucas; 07/20/2010 2:48 AM.