Was looking on craigslist this evening and the truck I looked around a year ago is STILL for sale. Still sitting in the same spot it has been for what I have been told is 2+ years. Price has dropped by 1200. Same case as last time; for sale by someone, but the truck is being sold for that person by someone else. First time it was the son, now it must be a farm hand. I've never actually spoken to the lady but she is very hard to deal with. Always has to be a middle man. The son wanted the thing gone and would have taken our offer last year. Apparently something must have happened over our offer. Doesn't seem like he's around anymore, and hasn't been since we put in the offer.

Now for the bad news:

The same old issues are still around. Even though they came down 1200, they are still, in my opinion, out of the ball park with their asking price. They have gotten pretty close to the fence, but I still wouldn't pay that much. The brakes are still bad. The clutch may still be sticking. Basically it's the same truck it was a year ago with another year exposed to the elements added to it. New battery they said. Big deal when you compare it to the shape this thing is in. Restoration is not out of the picture, but as anything in the big bolt category, it won't be a walk in the park. I'm thinking about reminding them and sitting with my original offer.

Even more bad news: My uncle still won't part with my great-grandfathers truck that has been in the family since new, and has also been sitting in the barn for 35+ years with a thrown rod. Oh well.

Someday I WILL have my big bolt!

Just was kinda happy to see it's still around and just had to share. Thanks guys.


No 'bolt yet, but if you'd like to help me out with that, send me a message! Or check out my wanted add in the swap meet.