Originally Posted by beltfed
...I called a supplier of performance brake part/systems to the hotrod world. They stated residuals always go after the proportioning valve. I didn't ask why.
If this is true, then on proportioning valves with the built in distribution block (normal GM type) allowing separate lines for the front brakes do they recommend you use two separate residual valves for the front brake lines?

I've installed my residual valves between MC and proportioning valve, when I researched it that is how I thought it was supposed to be, can't remember exactly why now, but it does make sense I think.

Here's some info
http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/brake_facts.html
They don't explain location, but in the pictures they show with adjustable proportioning valves the residuals go between the MC and the valve.

Any other thoughts or reasons on where and why?

Grigg

Last edited by Grigg; 04/22/2010 1:55 PM.

•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-