I have a 1953 1/2 ton Chevy. I have done a frame off restoration. I installed a new replacement wire harness. I was very impressed with the harness as every connection was the correct type end and wire gauge. It was cut and ends put on it exactly where they should be and all went well. The new wire harness has turn signals wired in also. My truck did not have factory turn signals, I think in 1953 they were an option but I am not sure. I bought a 6 volt Signal Stat interchangeable non specific turn signal and I mounted it to the steering wheel (Chinese reproduction from Chevs of the 40’s, it doesn’t say Signal Stat but looks like one it is chrome with the green pilot light and red center pilot light for the 4 way flashers when that is pulled (pilot lights work)). I grounded the unit with a separate wire because I used steering wheel mounting rubber gasket so I didn’t have to scratch the new paint to get a ground. I also bought a 6 volt flasher. I bought the remanufactured original tail lights with (2) 6 volt bulbs and 2 wires in each. I wired the tail lights to the lower smaller bulb and they work great. I wired the turn signal and stop lights together to the top big (brighter) bulb. The turn signal switch has a red wire to run to the stop lights I didn't hook it up yet but just ran a wire and tested it since I had already ran the stop light switch and wires when I was working under the hood. Now, when I turn on either turn signal both flashes. I would guess that because both brake lights are wired to the turn signals I am getting feed back through the brake light circuit and that is what is causing both signals to flash. I unplugged the white wire or the feed to the stop lights from the brake light switch and ran it through the turn signal switch using the red wire as indicated temporarily hooked up to test it but both signals still flash. My question is. Isn't the turn signal switch suppose to allow one signal light to come on and flash and one brake light to come on steady when I have one turn signal on and push the brake like sitting at a stop light making a turn? I pulled the chassis plug apart and tested the continuity and to my surprise the purple wire or the tail light circuit is showing a grounded circuit but the parking lights work fine. I don’t see any value in that statement but wanted to throw it in there. The stop and signal circuit are different wires and different bulbs and the parking lights don't run through the turn signal switch at all only the headlight switch. I am stumped. The brake light wire from the turn signal switch seems not to be doing its job by letting one signal flash while letting one brake light up. Even when the brake is not pushed it still flashes both no matter what side I choose to signal. The wires to the back of the truck all run separate so I did not do any cutting or splicing, all the wires were there, the short wires went to the left turn signal (checking the color codes of course) and the right side were longer to run to the right side. I wired one wire each to the parking lights and 2 wires into one using one of those blue plastic square 2 wires on one side and one wire on the other side into one splice clips with the metal guillotine you squeeze together and then push the plastic flap over the top until it clicks. I used shrink wrap on all my connections. If you made it this far and I have explained my problem correctly can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Do I need to buy new tail lights that have one parking light and then also a second socket with a 2 wire pig tail using a 1154 bulb or something like that ( if they are even available)? Do they have to be wired with all 3 wires separate? Current technology dictates NO. I thought that was what the turn signal switch was supposed to do, keep the circuts seperate. It was a long day of checking and double checking so I think I am going to go have a beer and relax for a while, maybe fresh eyes on Tuesday when I am off will bring a revelation but in the mean time I am asking for help if you see something glaring out at you I did incorrectly. Forum searches did not pin point my problem so that is why I am writing this. I saw a lot of turn signal problems but I didn’t see my problem using the search function. Thanks in advance. John