| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,462 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 482 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 482 | Had an idea for an auxillary fuel tank. Here's what I came up with. A 16 gal. fuel cell from Summit mounted on a plate between the frame rails just in front of the hydraulic fluid resevoir. Found a fuel tank selector valve for non-fuel injected application. Maintained mechanical fuel pump. Used the same switch as my F150 tank selector. It switches the tank and the sending unit. Works great! I don't use the ash tray. Not even for spare change (don't have any) so I made a cardboard face and covered it with a piece of vinyl. No damage to the dash so I can always put the ash tray back. When the bed is down there's plenty of room to get the filler noz in there... Estimate increased range to well over 300 miles... http://picasaweb.google.com/orchidskip/AuxillaryFuelTank#
Last edited by orchidskip; 04/17/2010 2:38 PM.
| | |
| |
| |