I purchased my truck in August of 2008. It was hot rodded many years ago and was/is in need of a lot of attention. It is planned to be a long term project, working on it as a hobby during my semi-retirement. An original "straight 6 - 3 on the tree" truck it now has a 1970 350 V-8 and "4 on the floor" 1965 Muncie car transmission shifted via a Hurst '57 Chevy Passenger car shifter. When I bought the truck it had a 67-72 stepside bed on it. I have since swapped out the fenders for the correct 58-66 style. The dash was in bad shape when purchased so it now has a 1967 Camaro dash that I stretched to fit the width of the cab. I have also customized the grille to feature (5) stainless horizontal tubes instead of the stock cheese grater look. Wheels are aluminum slots all around, 15 x 8-1/2's in the rear with 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Rubber. I widened the bed (not the fenders)4 inches for additional tire clearance and so the bed overall width matches the front overall width. You can find more details on my build thread at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=363509

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu176/lakeroadster/65C10June65-1.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu176/lakeroadster/100_8260.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu176/lakeroadster/2010_04030022.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu176/lakeroadster/2010_04030020.jpg


Last edited by J Lucas; 06/30/2010 4:05 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.