Hi All. My name is Craig Dusing. I am a new member located in NW Illinois. Recently, I simultaneously found this site and the motivation to continue my restoration of my 1939 Chev. fire truck that I purchased in 1982. (28 years planning isn't so bad!)

The truck is a 1939 Chevrolet, Central Of St. Louis open cab fire truck. It was the Village Of Milledgeville IL's first motorized fire truck. As a member of the Milledgeville Volunteer Fire Department, I purchased the truck in 82 from a local gravel quarry where is had been used to pump surface water from a gravel pit. I diassembled the truck, took a few photos, sandblasted the frame, stored a few parts, and then was over come by everyday daily life. Raising kids, buying a house, starting a business, etc, etc, etc. Then twenty eight years later I found this site and the spark was re-kindled. I'm looking forward to restoring the truck a close to original as I can, and having some real fun along the way. CWD
39 Chev Fire Truck 10
39 Chev Fire Truck 20
39 Chev Fire Truck 30
39 Chev Fire Truck 40

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 11:35 PM.