1950 Chevy 1/2

I was reading a thread on here about an electric fan motor, A comment was made by a stovebolter about the Newport electric wiper motor (sold by classic parts ) not clearing the choke.

I purchased the Newport from classic parts back in January. When I placed my order with Classic Parts I ordered the USA Brand they offered. When It arrived it was a NEW PORT MODEL #NE4753CT.

I attempted to install it yesterday and sure enough, the choke cable interferes, also the lugs on the switch if installed in the stock location hit the motor bracket.

I called Classic Parts about the problem, they will let me return it and get a store credit.

I then called NEW PORT They offer two Models for the for the 47-53 Chevy/ GM truck

The #NE4753CT and the #NE4753CCT

The Part Classic parts sold me was the #NE4753CT

If you want to clear the stock choke you need the #NE4753CCT

The Person I spoke to at Newport was very helpful and offered to modify my bracket to clear the choke cable, and switch So I decided to mail it to him. I’ll have to pay shipping

If you’re going to convert to electric wipers it may be best to order directly from New Port.

Classic Parts should disclose the interference problems in the item description.