Look around, and consider used ones too.
I picked up
this Quincy compressor on ebay for less than $150.
It's 125 gallon with two model 240 single stage compressors each with a 2HP motor. With a larger pulley I can step up to 7.5HP for more volume, already have the motor.
I was looking for a good Quincy brand compressor and don't think I could have found a better deal than this one. They even have oil pumps, and some have spin on oil filters too, I expect these will last me quite a long time. Only thing I wish was different is two stage instead of single, but 100 PSI will do most all I need, and I'll keep my eyes open for a 2 stage compressor to swap out one of them eventually. Probably set it up with two pressure switches, use the single stage one running slow most of the time, and the faster one (or two stage if I find one) when necessary.
Grigg