I was in your same boat last year. Here is a link to what I did. I clipped the front of the truck with a G-body Monte Carlo (1978-1988 Olds Cutlass, Pontiac LeMans, Malibu) front clip. The width is perfect, allowing you to lower the front end down and not have to worry about the wider track widths of some of the other clips. I was on a budget and couldn't afford the M2 kits. I am going with a carbed 5.3 LS engine out of a 2002 Silverado, 700R4 tranny, 1996 Ford Explorer rearend with 3.73 posi w/discs STANDARD and easily available for around $150 all day! I am installing 2000 LS Camaro front rotors and calipers by making my own adapter brackets and turning down the factory 10.5 disc rotors and making them hubs that will allow the 12" Camaro rotors and calipers to bolt on. The info on that swap is on the internet. Anyway, good luck with what ever you decide to do. Here is a link to my thread I started on another forum, as well as the link to my photo album.
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/55-...y-147429.html?highlight=monte+carlo+clip