kwf, there are more nice old trucks out there than you think. I have found many nice trucks and have bought 3. I just sold my '72 GMC 9500 with a 6-71. It had 130,000 original miles on it when I got it and was in very nice shape. I just bought another '59 860 with the same motor that is also in great shape. Not all old road tractors are "ragged out". You may also consider spending some time on the ATHS forum (as well as right here!!). There are folks over there that are very fond and knowledgeable of Detroits. There are couple of recent threads going on that may interest you.
Hope you find the truck you are looking forward.
Keep us posted.
Bill


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!