This is just my experience with my 1957 Chevy pickup radio. Mine is a tube radio, so I replaced the electrolytics, tubes, vibrator (solid state), cleaned it up, etc. It worked OK, but I was disappointed with number of stations it pulled in, and most of the AM stations around here I didn't care for. Thinking that maybe I didn't do a good job on the rebuild, I bought a professionally rebuilt one. It didn't work any better than my rebuild. I then bought a Custom Sound reproduction (gets FM - where the oldies stations are - and has hookups for stereo speakers and CD changer). It works great, looks almost original, no tubes to be maintained, and was cheaper than than the professional rebuild. They also come up on eBay at times. I kept my original radios, but am happier with the reproduction. Some prefer the original, which is good, but I thought I would let you know about my experience and consider it in your planning.