Jcome spring i plan on changing the rear end out for an open drive line. I've located a couple of rear ends 1 is late 60's and the other is early 60's both have 3:73 ratio gearing. I have three 4 speed transmissions 2 are from a 64 chevy and 1 is behind a 250 inline year i believe is 66.
Will they match up to my 235 and bolt right on??
I'm also looking at the option of putting a T5 from an S10 in. what is the durability of the T5. I use this as a truck and haul an 8 foot trailer with it. I've got a ranger that i've put a 150,000 miles on it pulling the same trailer and loaded with tools and hauling carpet. ranger has a 5 speed. i have slipped the clutch sometimes but nothing major just need to replace the slave cylinder at the moment.
will the 4 speeds get my rpms lower??? they seem to be a bit more durable due to being on bigger trucks than the S10 might be????
I just want to go the best route with out having to jump thru to many loops.
Last edited by bluecarpenter; 01/13/2010 5:44 PM.